MANERA 2019 Bamboo Poncho
Out of stock
This is the perfect accessory to help keeping your warm while changing in and out of your wetsuit. We chose bamboo fabric for mainly two reasons:
First, to minimize our impact on earth, as bamboo is an incredible plant:
- Bamboo farming needs four times less water than cotton
- Grows without fertilizers and pesticides
- Absorbs 30% more CO2 than a tree, create 30% more oxygen
- Prevents deforestation: Can grow 1 meter per day
- Prevents erosion because of its long roots
Second because the amazing quality and benefits the bamboo gives to a poncho:
- Ultra soft feeling
- Absorbs water three to four times better than a regular cotton
- Dries twice as fast as other materials
- Naturally bacteriostatic
- Naturally hypo-allergenic
- Material 70% bamboo / 30% cotton
Also, for ethical reasons we decided to avoid cotton as much as we can:
- Cotton farming consumes 25% of all pesticides sold in the world
- 22.000 people die each year because of pesticides used in cotton production
- Cotton irrigation wastes 2/3 of the world drinking water resources
- Fertilizers and pesticides represent 40% of the cotton production cost
Advice: Our team are passionate, experienced boardriders. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share and we encourage you to ask for our advice and guidance.
Delivery: We offer discounted shipping to New Zealand (North and South Island). Quotes provided at checkout.
Returns: Our mission is to ensure you are supplied with products that are suitable for their intended purpose. We will always do our best to accommodate genuine returns / exchanges, please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.