MANERA Bamboo Poncho
or 6 weekly payments from $16.17 learn more
This is the perfect accessory to help keeping your warm while changing in and out of your wetsuit. We chose bamboo fabric for mainly two reasons:
First, to minimize our impact on earth, as bamboo is an incredible plant:
- Bamboo farming needs four times less water than cotton
- Grows without fertilizers and pesticides
- Absorbs 30% more CO2 than a tree, create 30% more oxygen
- Prevents deforestation: Can grow 1 meter per day
- Prevents erosion because of its long roots
Second because the amazing quality and benefits the bamboo gives to a poncho:
- Ultra soft feeling
- Absorbs water three to four times better than a regular cotton
- Dries twice as fast as other materials
- Naturally bacteriostatic
- Naturally hypo-allergenic
- Material 80% bamboo / 20% cotton
Also, for ethical reasons we decided to avoid cotton as much as we can:
- Cotton farming consumes 25% of all pesticides sold in the world
- 22.000 people die each year because of pesticides used in cotton production
- Cotton irrigation wastes 2/3 of the world drinking water resources
- Fertilizers and pesticides represent 40% of the cotton production cost
Advice: Our team are passionate, experienced boardriders. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share and we encourage you to ask for our advice and guidance.
Delivery: We offer discounted shipping to New Zealand (North and South Island). Quotes provided at checkout.
Returns: Our mission is to ensure you are supplied with products that are suitable for their intended purpose. We will always do our best to accommodate genuine returns / exchanges, please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.