ARMSTRONG 2020 'Create Your Own' Carving Foil Complete
or 6 weekly payments from $491.50 learn more
Armstrong foils represent the top of the market in terms of quality and performance. Here you can create your own dream setup, tailored perfectly to your needs!
The package includes everything you'll need to get ripping! (apart from the board!):
- Front wing (size of your choice - see information below)
- Tail wing (one size) & Tail Trim
- Mast (size of your choice - see information below)
- Fuselage (size of your choice - see information below)
- Carry Bag
- Bolt set & tools (complete)
BONUS OFFER: GET 10% OFF ANY ADDITIONAL FRONT WING WITH YOUR PACKAGE PURCHASE. CONTACT US TO ARRANGE.
NOTE: For individual Foil Components purchase: see tab "FOIL COMPONENTS"
Front Wing Options:
The main wings are shaped for maximum stability and predictability at all speeds. The foil sections have been carefully designed by one of the world’s foremost sport wing designers.
Continuous testing and refinement helped Armstrong find a combination of planform, leading and trailing edge sweep and the right amount of anhedral curve that delivers super smooth flow, giving a more connected surf like feeling while on the fly.
Construction is based around a high-density foam core, which is encapsulated in Aramid cloth before being wrapped with 100% High Modulus Carbon.
CF800 Front Wing
The Carving Freeride 800 with its inflected tips is ultra smooth to ride. It's inspiring stability allows you to really carve with confidence. The deep anhedral through the centre helps prevent the foil ventilating during steep carving turns and gives great feedback.
- Wing area: 800cm2 (124in2)
- Wingspan: 600mm
- Weight: 730g
CF1200 Front Wing
The Carving Freeride 1200 wing is all about taking your surf foiling to the next level. Extremely stable yet rips turns rail to rail like a dream and pumps to connect when required. If you want to surf foil then look no further.
- Wing area: 1200cm2 (186in2)
- Wingspan: 675mm
- Weight: 995g
CF1600 Front Wing
The Carving Freeride 1600 has been designed to get you up and flying on the foil easily. This high lift front wing produces smooth progressive lift at low speeds, making it easy to control as the foil starts to accelerate. The other advantage of CF1600 the unique foil section has a built in speed control, once up to speed it stops accelerating to give you time to concentrate on just riding the foil.
- Wing area: 1600cm2 (248in2)
- Wingspan: 780mm
- Weight: 1500g
CF2400 Front Wing
The Carving Freeride 2400 V2 is a great choice for riders starting out with any foil sport. Its large wingspan makes learning easy due to its stability and the slow safe speeds at which the wing will fly. For intermediate riders it pumps up on larger boards in minimal swell, yet is fast enough to rip out a down wind coastal run in a good time. This wing will lift anyone and is still easy and smooth to turn for its over-size proportions. It can easily be surfed and is perfect for heavier riders in small waves.
- Wing area: 2390cm2 (370 in2)
- Wingspan: 970mm
- Weight: 1800g
- 45cm - Easiest for learning all foil sports. Most stable. Contact us for availability.
- 60cm - Shallow water and reef foiling where hitting the bottom might be an issue. Also a good choice for easy learning all foil sports.
- 72cm - The go to Foil Surf mast. An easy all rounder for all foil sports
- 85cm - The 'do everything mast' : Intermediate/Advanced. SUP, Downwind, Kite, Wake, and Tow in Surfing
- 100cm - This is the choice for experienced Kite, Tow in Surfing and big wave charging. Contact us for availability.
There is no golden rule to chose your mast length. It is key to understand that the longer the mast length the more difficult it is to maintain stability, and the more extreme your wipeouts will be. It is our recommendation that whatever your sport, you start on a short or medium mast length i.e. 75cm.
In surfing, longer mast lengths are designed to allow extra pumping room and allow more maneuverability through turns. Whereas for kiting, a longer mast length will allow a greater upwind angle without the wing coming out of the water (advanced riding). It will also allow the kiter to maintain a steady heading through larger ocean chop / waves.
ASSAULT 'SHORT MAST' OFFER: With all complete foil purchases, we offer a 'short' mast loan service for FREE. This allows you to jump start your learning process. Its super simple to swap back your mast for your long term option once you have acquired the basic skills. Contact us to arrange.
The shorter the fuselage the less stable the foil becomes and turns become faster and tighter. The fuselage options are:
- T50cm - Shortest fuselage for the absolute tightest turns and greatest manoeuvrability. Recommended for advanced riders.
- T60cm - Shorter fuselage for more intermediate riders to get the most out of their turns. Less stable than the 70cm fuselage.
- T70cm - Very stable fuselage, & the most popular fuselage length in our range for the all round rider.
- T80cm - The most stable length which is great for windsurfing or downwind-ing.
HS 232 - 2 in 1 Tail Wing: Our freshly minted and innovative High Speed 232 (212 Chop Shop) Tail Wing is a complete performance upgrade for ALL Armstrong foils. The reduced area and drag make it ideal for higher speed and tighter turning.
Developed hand in hand with the Armstrong HS front wings the 232 helps generate more acceleration and whip so you can be in the right place to rip.
The HS 232 is also compatible with the entire CF foil range and is the perfect upgrade delivering more agility and speed. Ideal for experienced riders of all foil sports.
In addition, our futuristic layup has been re-engineered so the ultra frothers out there are free to Chop Shop the tips into an HS 212cm2 - without structural issues.
The unique flow fences flow improve stability by minimize the disruption from turbulent flow off the front wing, mast and fuselage.
The tail wing has a foam core wrapped in Hexi-Core Mat, covered in the highest quality Carbon keeping it light and super rigid.
Titanium screw inserts in keeping with our philosophy of zero corrosion materials throughout the entire product.
TITANIUM TRIM FAITINGS (TTF)
TTF (Titanium Trim Fairings) - State of the art rear wing configuration incorporates easy to change, honeycomb Titanium Trim Fairings that allow you to fine tune the UNI Tail Wing to your personal feeling.
The Titanium trim fairings set the angle of attack of the tail wing. We use -2 degree, Zero degree and +1 degree trim options. These adjustments work in conjunction with changing the front wings, fueslarge length and required use:
- -2 Degree: For learning, larger boards/people and windsurf freeride. Tail has more downforce giving front wing more lift at lower speeds and better Yaw (directional) stability.
- 0 Degree: is best with the CF800 wing at higher speeds kiting or tow surfing and good all around with the CF1200 and CF1600 wings.
- +1 Degree: For more top end speed control on all wings and better pump for advanced riders looking to maximise glide and to Down Wind Foil. During a drop or speed spike the +1 helps keep the wing in the water and adds control during turns.
In the notes please state which degree TTF you would like.
Note: Please allow additional delivery time with these products, as they are specialist.
Advice: Our team are passionate, experienced boardriders. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share and we encourage you to ask for our advice and guidance.
Delivery: We offer discounted shipping to New Zealand (North and South Island). Quotes provided at checkout.
Returns: Our mission is to ensure you are supplied with products that are suitable for their intended purpose. We will always do our best to accommodate genuine returns / exchanges, please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.