STARBOARD 2021 Wingboard - Lite Tech
or 6 weekly payments from $314.83 learn more
WING FOILING IS HAPPENING.
AND PERFORMANCE LEVELS ARE RISING.
Some riders “get it” right away, while others struggle, this is much down to choosing the right gear and understanding the basics technical aspects.
Our target is an early and easy take-off, superb balance while riding, easy touch down with fast relaunch.
THE SHAPE - To get started we need stability and since volume works on leverage, the further away the volume is from your feet, the more stability it creates. We placed the volume in the rails, at the square nose and at the little “platform” at the tail of the board. Stability is also created by having the feet as close to the foil as possible. We do not want to foil with “High Heels”, so the thinner a board is, the better it rides.
ROUND NOSE - Makes it incredibly forgiving on touchdowns as the nose bounces and skims off the large surface area, not sticking and slowing you down.
- Recessed Deck - Significantly improves stability as you have a lower centre of gravity. It also brings you closer to the foil for more control when up and riding.
- The Boxy Rails - Pack the volume where you need it, increasing the float and stability so you can ride a narrower and shorter board.
- Flat Tail Rocker - And sharp rails forward increase ground speed until take off.
- Cutaway Tail - Allows the board to release that much earlier and reduces the rails from catching through turning.
- Foil Position - Is optimized to provide early lift for fast takeoffs and gives a very balanced trim when up and riding.
- Drainage Channels - At the tail of the board lets the water drain out immediately once foiling.
- High Volume Tail - Boosts the overall float to ride such small boards.
- Channel Bottom - That get deeper towards the tail helps to pump, rock the board into release, and also helps for stability.
- Footstrap Inserts - Make it easy to know where to position the feet and always be in the right spot to trim the board. *Footstraps do not come with the board
- Carry Handle - The carry handle is moved to the bottom of the board to avoid interfering when foiling, yet still easy to carry.
LITE TECH CONSTRUCTION
- LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE
- Extra rigidity with the introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
- All inserts have added high-density foam reinforcements.
- Short length and narrow width at 25” is a performance size for intermediate to advanced riders up to 85kg.
- Length: 5’8” / 173 cm
- Width: 25” / 64 cm
- Volume: 88L
- Is the mid-size, an ideal balance between stability, glide, and maneuverability for riders up to 95kg.
- Length: 6’7” / 200 cm
- Width: 28” / 71 cm
- Volume: 115L
- Is the most stable size for heavier riders up to 110kg and those wanting extra stability. The longer length increases the glide and speed to get flying
- Length: 7’0” / 213 cm
- Width: 30” / 76 cm
- Volume: 140L
Advice: Our team are passionate, experienced boardriders. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share and we encourage you to ask for our advice and guidance.
Delivery: We offer discounted shipping to New Zealand (North and South Island). Quotes provided at checkout.
Returns: Our mission is to ensure you are supplied with products that are suitable for their intended purpose. We will always do our best to accommodate genuine returns / exchanges, please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.