STARBOARD 2021 Wide Ride Whopper - ASAP
or 6 weekly payments from $328.17 learn more
“MORE PERFORMANCE, MORE STABILITY, MORE WAVES”
The wave-ripper for real-world riders. This surf paddle board is Floaty, fun, and the king of catching waves. You’ll make any kind of mush highly surf-able with this shape.
Wide Ride has a size for all rider weight and abilities; the bigger models produce the easiest glide and stability, while the smaller sizes deliver more control and manoeuvrability.
- SHORTER NOSE OUTLINE - Makes it easier to pivot turn and fit in the critical section of the wave without catching the nose.
- THINNER RAILS - Increases the responsiveness and ease to engage rail-to-rail turns with less effort.
- NOSE KICK - Prevents the nose from diving when getting into waves and paddling in choppy water.
- FLAT ROCKER in the center provides efficient glide and speed on flats.
- MODERATE TAIL KICK allows for tighter turning when standing back on the tail.
- MONO TO DOUBLE CONCAVE BOTTOM Provides speed to catch the wave and then has sensitive rail-to-rail turning from the midpoint.
- FLAT STANDING AREA Allows to have a wider stance for extra stability in chop.
- WIDE ROUNDED TAIL Improves stability when stepping on the board to turn. It also gives release out of turns.
- CHANNEL TAIL Makes it easier to carry speed and hold through maneuverers.
- SIDE FIN BOXES Are positioned closer to the rail for quicker response in turns. Minimal change yet a big improvement.
- FIN SET UP Thruster fin set up provides comfortable straight-line tracking on flat and gives drive and control in surf
NEW ASAP CONSTRUCTION - AS STRONG AS POSSIBLE
- Impact-resistant high-density EVA wrapping the whole rail from nose to tail.
- Multiple layers of high-grade fiberglass are wetted out in epoxy resin wrapping the hull.
- Australian pine on the standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity.
- Extra rigidity with the introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail and nose reinforcements.
SIZES // PRICED FROM:
- 9'5 x 33'' 166L // $1,969
The shorter length gives greater maneuverability with easier turning in the surf
- 10' x 34'' 174L // $1,969
This is a highly popular and stable paddle board that surprises with incredible wave riding ability.
Note: Includes Fins (Thruster 2+1)
Rail Tape: We highly recommend installing rail tape on your SUP board to avoid unnecessary dings and scratches from general handling, transporting or misplaced paddle strokes. With every SUP hardboard purchase, we offer discounted rail tape at only $80 (valued at $122.00).
Advice: Our team are passionate, experienced boardriders. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share and we encourage you to ask for our advice and guidance.
Delivery: We offer discounted shipping to New Zealand (North and South Island). Quotes provided at checkout.
Returns: Our mission is to ensure you are supplied with products that are suitable for their intended purpose. We will always do our best to accommodate genuine returns / exchanges, please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.